Domestic Electrical/Electronic Products: Includes Products such as Colour Televisions,
Washing Machines, Refrigerators, Music systems, Air Conditioners, Microwave Ovens or any other Product that may be included from time to time.
Product/Products: The Products should be for domestic & personal use only and not to be used for commercial, rental or profit generation purposes excluding computing products for small office/home office use.
Official Channels: Manufacturer, Manufacturer's subsidiary company, Authorised Dealer/Distributor appointed by the Manufacturer or its subsidiary located within India.
Normal Operating Condition: Ability of the Product to perform its specified function subject to the acceptable level of change in performance due to ageing or climatic conditions. The acceptable level of change for this purpose will be as per the respective Manufacturer's specifications.
Normal Use: Use of the Product in accordance with the Manufacturer's guidelines for Product usage including but not limited to regular maintenance and upkeep of the Product, usage of specified protection devices such as voltage stabilizer.
Breakdown: Means the mechanical and/or electrical defects and/or failure of a Product that cause it to not function in its intended manner.
Covered Breakdown: Breakdown covered by the Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee during the Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee period. The Covered Breakdown will vary for each Product in accordance with the Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee for the said Product.
Carry-in Basis: The Product has to be carried/transported to the designated repair centre by You at Your cost.
In-home Basis: The repair technician will visit the premises when the Product has been installed to provide the repair service.
Call-out Charges: Charge payable to arrange for the repair technician to visit the premises where the Product has been installed.
Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee: The original warranty/ Guarantee given by the respective Manufacturer in respect of a Product.
Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee Period: The uninterrupted period of the
Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee cover as stated on the original official Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee certificate or publication.
We, Us, Our, Retailer: Future Retail Limited, with an office (Regd. Office) located at Knowledge House, Shyam Nagar, Off Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road, Jogeshwari (East), Mumbai-400 060.
You, Your: The Service Contract holder.
This Service Contract is a contract between You, the Service Contract holder and Us, Retailer (hereinafter called the "Company"). Your original invoice, the information provided by You and this Service Contract form the contract between You and Us.
In consideration of the Service Contract fee paid by You, We will provide the cost of repair for the Covered Breakdown of Your Domestic Electrical/ Electronic Product as mentioned in the contract, during the period of Service Contract, subject to the terms, conditions, exceptions and limitations contained herein or endorsed hereupon in future.
Mechanical and electrical breakdown to the extent provided by the Manufacturer's Warranty for Domestic Electrical/Electronic Products manufactured in India or is legally imported in India and sold through Official Channels supported by an invoice and Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee. The Extended Warranty cover commences on expiration of the Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee period and is for a period mentioned in the "Service Contract Details" section of the Service Contract. Any Product failure arising before the commencement of the Service Contract period, i.e., during the Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee period or after the expiration of the Service Contract period will not be covered by this Service Contract.
This Service Contract covers specific models of Domestic Electrical/ Electronic Productssuch as Colour Televisions, Washing Machines, Refrigerators, Music Systems, Air
Conditioners, Microwave Ovens and any other Product that we include from time to time. For the complete and updated list of Products and Models covered, please call Ezone on Toll Free Contact Centre No.: 1800 266 2663.
The Company will organize for repair to Normal Operating Condition, or replace at our discretion a covered Electrical/Electronic Product, after it has suffered a Covered Breakdown during Normal Use. This Service Contract covers the cost of Parts and Labour for all Products on a Carry-in basis and Call-out charges for In-home service (where applicable) on certain non-portable Products. You will be advised which coverage is provided when You report the failure/claim. Original supplied remote controls, if covered and shown in the certificate, are covered as above on a Carry-in basis only.
If a repair will cost more than the purchase price of a replacement, we have the right to replace the Product with a new equivalent model with similar specification, not to exceed the original purchase price you paid for the Product. Should a replacement model not be available, You will be given a monetary refund not exceeding the original purchase price of the insured Product. This decision is at our sole discretion. In the event of Product replacement or monetary refund, this coverage under the Service Contract will prematurely terminate with no refund of fee and the original Product becomes our property.
Food damage loss that results from a mechanical, electronic or electrical component failure of a refrigerator or freezer up ` 1,500 also covered.
We are not responsible for any consequential or incidental damages arising from the use or loss of use of the Product. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
This Contract is valid only in India on Products which are purchased and repaired within India.
This Service Contract may only be purchased within 30 days of delivery of a Covered Product and is only valid if:
1. The Product is manufactured in India or is legally imported in India and sold through Official Channels supported by an invoice and Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee.
2. The Product is purchased new from the Manufacturer's authorized dealer/distributor and is supported by Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee of not less than 12 months and not exceeding 2 years.
3. The Product is for domestic and personal use only. Cover is not valid on Products intended for commercial, rental or profit generation purposes excluding computing products for small office/home office use.
4. The Product is used in accordance with the Manufacturer's guidelines for Product usage including but not limited to regular maintenance and upkeep of the Product.
5. Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee remains valid throughout its validity period.
1. Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any Manufacturer's, supplier's or repairer's Guarantee or Warranty.
2. Non-operating and cosmetic damage to the Product, such as damage to paintwork, Product finish, dents or scratches.
3. Accessories used in or with the Product unless covered under a separate extended Warranty Service Contract (e.g. computer software, modem, scanner, printer and charger).
4. Replacement of any consumable item or accessory. These include, but are not limited to: plugs, fuses, batteries, light bulbs, light covers, cables, filters, attachments, belts, toner, ribbons, drums, tapes or software and add-on options incorporated in a Product for which the Service Contract was purchased.
5. Normal wear and tear of items not integral to the functioning of the Product.
5. Routine maintenance, cleaning, lubrication, adjustments or alignments, overhaul, modification and de-scaling.
7. Damage caused by unauthorized repair, theft, burglary and accident including earthquake, storm and/or hurricane, abuse, misuse, sand, dust, water, negligence, fire, flood, lightning, malicious damage, impact, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of god, animal or insect infestation or intrusion.
8. Damage resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current.
9. Cost of removal or re-installation of the Product.
10. Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes.
11. Problems or defects not covered under the original. Manufacturer's Warranty/Guarantee.
12. Batteries, internal or external to the Product.
13. Breakdowns caused by computer virus or realignments to Products.
14. Recalls or modifications to the Product.
15. Failure to follow the Manufacturer's instructions.
16. Costs arising from incorrect installation, modifications or maintenance.
17. Costs, if no fault is found with the Product.
18. Costs arising from being unable to use the Product or from damage which results from the breakdown of the Product.
19. Commercial usage except Product used in rental property, as identified in the Service Contract Certificate.
20. Damage/failure caused before or during Product delivery.
21. Use of batteries, charger and/or accessories not approved by the Manufacturer, incorrect electrical leads or connection.
22. The cost of repairing, restoring or reconfiguring computer software.
23. We are not responsible for any consequential or incidental damages arising from the use or loss of the Product. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
If Your Covered Product does not work:
a. Check the Product user manual/handbook to make sure the controls are properly set and check the fuse in the plug;
b. Check if You are covered or not under the terms and conditions of the Contract;
c. Contact Us at Toll Free No : 1800 266 2663 within 7 days of the occurrence of the
Product failure and we will make the appropriate arrangements to resolve the problem. If the Product is portable, you may be asked to take it to the nearest repair centre.
d. We will need to see this document to proceed with the repair. Please note that no claim will be entertained in the absence of the original Service Contract and original Invoice.
If Your Covered Product does not work:
a. All repairs must be made by our authorized repair agents.
b. This Contract will be cancelled in the event of Your fraud, attempted fraud, or non-disclosure of any changes that affect this Contract and no refund of Service
Contract fee will be due to You.
c. You must comply with the claims procedure set out in the "How to Claim" section above. We will not organize any repairs or make any payment, under this Service
Contract, if You fail to comply.
d. If at the time of any failure/damage to the Covered Product, the Product is covered in part or full by any insurance either by the proposer or any other person, this Company shall not be liable to pay or contribute more than its rateable proportion of such loss, failure or damage.
You may cancel this Contract within 15 days of purchase of Service Contract. After expiry of 15 days no cancellation and refund will be permitted. To cancel Your Service Contract, simply return this original Contract along with your original Invoice and notice of cancellation to Ezone.
We may cancel the Contract at any time by giving You 15 days notice in writing to Your last known address. You will be eligible for a pro-rata refund of the fee You paid.
In the event of theft, fraud, sale or return of the Product to Us, we will cancel this Service Contract with no refund.
Per Repair - Our liability for any one repair shall in no event exceed the lower of either the original purchase price paid for the applicable Product or the retail price of the model of a similar specification and like functionality, at the time of said repair.
Aggregate - The total of all benefits paid or payable during the Service Contract Certificate period towards any particular Product holding a Service Contract Certificate covered under this Policy shall not exceed the lower of either the original purchase price paid for the applicable Product or the retail price of the model of a similar specification and like functionality.his Service Contract with no refund.